Staying in Delhi and frequently encountering a traffic jam has made me device a few tactics, with which I am effectively able to evade the perils of traffic jam.
My 5 easy tips
- Assume that other drivers don’t know how to drive and take extra care by honking frequently to make them aware of a possible collision course.
- Patience is a virtue but it becomes the prime necessity in a traffic jam. Loosing it will make you vulnerable to all the devils of traffic jam
- Doesn’t matter if a restless driver in his early 20’s overtakes you. He’ll be standing not far ahead. Trying to overtake may just cost more fuel, so in a way you are helping earth
- Start early to avoid being late. There is no other alternative.
- Music is almost essential to keep cool
And most importantly, be smart and try to avoid it!